Friday, August 29, 2008

Aug 21st 'A Heart transplant' Ezk 36:26

26 A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  (Ezekiel (RSV) 36)

Just a few thoughts on this great surgeon and the surgery!

What would this 'Stoneness' mean to me? Let me look at my heart! What I have learned about the heart muscle(myocardium) tells me of its 'Sensitivity' especially to stretching- it  pumps more if it is stretched(some call it Starling's law). This definitely contrasts with a Stone - which is so 'Insensitive'- to all  external stimuli. Looks like the surgeon is right! ...true, my heart has developed  'fibrosis'..(one of the indications for a heart transplant - where heart becomes like a stone,unable to stretch and accommodate, sort of insensitivity)...my insensitivity towards the feelings and needs of people around me... towards people elsewhere....Yes I need a transplant.

This Surgeon and Surgery are but different: It wouldn't be a day's surgery I guess, It could be a daily one and a life long one too!

Could this be Painful? Oh yes.. some stretching,some tearing...

Isn't this what is happening in Communion? The host in many eucharistic miracles was transformed into  myocardium;Jesus is giving me His Heart  in the Eucharist for transplantation.Thanks to the great surgeon.

The Surgeon might ask you to donate some Blood for my surgery. Please donate or rather - intercede.Thanks.

joe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this part of God's Word for which I've searched. I received my new heart on June 30, 2002. I've been searching for a sign or reason to understand just why I've been blessed with New Life. Your story has helped me see beyond a short time extension to "renewed life," a gift to which I can now look upon differently. Not just for today and tomorrow, but for the rest of my life, where ever God's plan will take me. God is good!

I celebrate the Gift of a New Life and a New Heart given by the Surgeon of All Life. hhh

Jacob Jose said...

Dear Joe, You reflections are truely beautiful! Glad to have you as contributor here. Look forward to many like this

Joji said...

Joechachan,
A doctor true to his heart. My heart goes out to you ..

Love joji