Sunday, August 17, 2008

ISO Certification!

It was 2:12 am and I was wide awake, felt like I'm in a totally different timezone. I just couldn't get back to sleep.
I got up seeing a dream that I just recieved a mail about ISO certification at office. For the benefit of those who don't know what ISO is - ISO or International Organization for Standardization, is the world's largest developer and publisher of International Standards. This organization helps set various standards for corporates and governements. (source: wikepedia). Such certifications enable companies to maintain a certain level quality in their processes.

As I continued pondering over this dream a sudden thought struck me - what is the Quality Check for Christians? For Jesus Youths? If JY had to get ISO certification (read: JSO - Jesus' organization for standardization), what would be the parameters? Hmmmm...wait... do we not already have a standard - a benchmark that we follow? For years we have called it 'Constants' - 6 pillars of Jesus Youth. Wonder how many of us would actually get certified if we were to be assessed by these parameters. I for one would be the first to get disqualified!

Another thought (wonder why the Lord has to wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me all this!!!) - do we not have a benchmark, higher than any set by the best companies of the world? Jesus has already set for us parameters by which we are to be certified fit for His Kingdom. And I feel, even if we were to fail in every parameter but pass on 'Love', we've achieved our goal. Sounds quite simple, doesn't it!

When the Lord speaks, he usually expects me to make notes. Still lying on the bed, I debate, whether to get up and write these thought's down. "Dad, I'm too lazy to get up", I mumble from under my blanket. Not too long ago I learnt that obedience was better - so squinting in the sudden brightness of the tubelight I put my pen and paper to use. Well, if obedience was indeed one of the assessment parameters, I shouldn't be loosing out on the points - should I?

1 comment: