Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The fruitfulness of futility

What to write? Where to start? Should it be something from my life or somebody else’s experience? Do I really have anything worthwhile to share? Did I hear anything that touched my life? How have I become so numb? Where did all my writing acumen disappear?. Doesn’t God talk to me these days? Is my good times over? These were the questions that bounced back to me when ever I sat down to write.

A total emptiness, a feeling of uselessness and dryness

Jesus said unless the grain falls on the ground and dies it remains useless. But if it dies it gives forth life. A change from total futility to total fruitfulness. Only empty pots could be filled. I fix my eyes upon Jesus. He changes lives…

Break me, mould me, fill me……

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its been sometime that I have written something myself.... Well today as I read this post, I felt like writing down a few thoughts...

I've been experiencing the Lord's mercy and love in a whole new dimension lately. Its kinda strange how I fall, get-up only to realize that I've fallen again...guess thats how life goes...:-) The Lord's training in these days have come from the most unlikely people and everytime HE gives me one of those unmatched training sessions, I just sit back and wonder - HOW? WHY? I recall once HE telling me - 'You'll be surprised at the way a loving Father trains His children' Well, yes, I am SURPRISED... everyday!